Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I change track order on my iPod?

Is there a feature on iTunes 12 to drag and replace tracks on iPod Shuffle manually?

I don't want to create playlist or sort music by alphabetical order. I just want to change the order of some tracks.

In previous versions as I remember it was possible.

iPod shuffle (4th generation late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 5:08 PM

1 reply

Feb 27, 2015 6:48 AM in response to bezkancerogenov

Hello bezkancerogenov,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

If you want to set up your iPod shuffle to play in a certain order without shuffling, then you will need to set up your iPod shuffle to manually manage music. After that, you need to ensure you set up your iPod shuffle to play in loop, rather than shuffle.

Syncing music manually to iPod shuffle

If you prefer not to use Autofill to sync music to your iPod shuffle, you can manually sync music instead.

1. Connect iPod shuffle to your computer and open iTunes.
  2. Select the option to "Manually manage music" from the iPod Summary tab of the iPod settings screen.
  3. Select your Music, Podcasts, or Audiobooks Library or a playlist on the left side of the iTunes window.
  4. Select one or more pieces of audio content and drag them to the iPod shuffle icon under Devices.

User uploaded file

5. If you have turned on disk use, disconnect iPod shuffle by selecting it under Devices and clicking the eject icon (iPod shuffle is ready to be disconnected when the status light stops flashing).

Syncing music to iPod shuffle - Apple Support

Take care,

Alex H.

How can I change track order on my iPod?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.