Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

emails issues on POP3 acct - IPad 2

I changed my POP3 email account's password today as a general security measure and now I cannot send (or reply) to emails on my Ipad 2 from that account. I called the Host and all the in/out settings are correct. All outgoing mail is being placed in to an Outbox. It attempts to send, but then a popup appears asking me to check my settings due to an incorrect password. I double checked the password and settings and all are correct. I can receive email just fine. Additionally, I can send/receive email my the other email accts linked to this IPad as well. I deleted the account and then attempted to add it and powered off the IPad and nothing seems to fix this issue. I have been operating just fine for years until today. The email account itself is fine as well as I am able to send/recieve from my desktop/laptop and both of my mobile phones (not iOS).

I am running iOS 8.1.3

Any suggestions?

iPad 2, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 5:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 5:48 PM

Make sure you changed the password in all the correct areas. Sending means there is an error in the SMTP settings. If you can receive, concentrate on the SMTP server. Make sure you do not have two entries for that SMTP.

7 replies

Feb 25, 2015 6:02 PM in response to nblechman

Then they cannot be correct. When you added the account back, did you get a verification? You did not answer the question about the possibility of multiple SMTP servers. If mail is getting staged in the Outbox, then there is an incorrect setting. Did you enter the username and password in all sections, even where the iPhone said it was optional?

emails issues on POP3 acct - IPad 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.