Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My late 2010 Macbook Air fails to start up

I took my MacBook Air (late 2010 models) with me on my travels to Asia. A few days into my trip, I went back to my laptop. After opening the lid, the Macbook started up from the hibernation state as normal. Whilst I was typing in my password, the laptop suddenly switched off no warnings given. Very briefly I thought to see the screen turn white before it went black.

Now, the laptop does not start at all. After pressing the power button, there's no response. The fans don't spin up and there is no sound or display feedback. It's basically completely dead. I have tried using the known key combinations to reset the System Management Controller, but still no luck. Many recovery procedures suggested by Apple do not work, since i can not start up the computer.

Has somebody got experience with this issue so I can diagnose the problem based on these symptoms?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), null

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 5:46 PM

2 replies

Feb 25, 2015 6:14 PM in response to Mac2BookUser

Hi. Just to run through. Pram reset doesn't work? No startup Chime? Tried SMC reset? With lid closed after pushing power button any light on the front? This may or may not work. With power cord in,hold down the Command/Option/Shift key and power button for 10 seconds.Then without letting up on power button hold down Command/ R to see if you can get to recovery mode. You may have to release and push the power button once while still hold down the CMD/R keys.

My late 2010 Macbook Air fails to start up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.