Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Configurator - Removing Unused Redemption Codes

I bought 22 copies of an App and altered the Excel spreadsheet to load 10 of the codes into Configurator with the other 12 copies going directly to teachers.

Now however I realised I only needed to load 9 codes into Configurator.

Is there any way to remove one of the codes from Configurator? It hasn't been redeemed at all yet.

Thanks,

Dustin

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 6:04 PM

1 reply

Feb 26, 2015 5:01 AM in response to Duk242

I've never tried this but I found this below on another forum. It sounds promising.

In order to remove the codes completely you would pretty much have to dump the database which means all of the devices you supervised would be deleted and essentially need to be restored back to factory to remove the now invalid Supervision Profile. The database is in ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.configurator . It will be quite large depending on the number of apps you have imported and other data as well. Mine for instance is nearly 18gb and we have a catalog of about 350ish apps.

Basically it sounds like the only way to get your codes back is to wipe your Apple Configurator data file. Apple never makes anything easy!

Link to Forum

Configurator - Removing Unused Redemption Codes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.