Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues when simultaneously using Apple TV and Mac

I am watching Netflix on my Apple TV and working on my Mac simultaneously. iTunes on my Mac keeps sporadically playing songs (from my Mac speakers), and even interrupts my Netflix/Apple TV to play music from the TV speakers...

I have 'quit' iTunes multiple times now but it keeps opening and playing music despite.

I also just noticed that when I hit the play/pause button on the Apple TV remote, that it syncs with both the Apple TV and my Mac (the music AND TV show will pause and play at same time...)

What is happening and what can I do to stop it...

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 6:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 7:54 PM

The Mac is picking up the signal from the remote. Go to system preferences- security - general. Click on the padlock, go to advanced. Check disable remote control infrared receiver.

6 replies

Mar 1, 2015 9:13 AM in response to vazandrew

well, you were indeed right - which i ascertained by holding my hand in front of the macbook's IR receiver, which stopped the remote from working! (btw, it's pretty sensitive, you need a chunk of flesh to stop it...one finger didn't work.) the fix i found, and this may have to do with a long-ago installation of "Remote Buddy," was to install something called Candle Air, whcih then updated it's drivers, and after a restart i can now disable and re-enable the IR receiver as i wish.

thanks for your persistence in telling me the problem was in the IR.

Issues when simultaneously using Apple TV and Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.