Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The score editor will not display the notes

The score editor will not display the notes, instead, it says "create a new MIDI region" How can I get the score notes back, instead of this prompt? Does anyone know?

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2010), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 7:49 PM

3 replies

Feb 26, 2015 1:14 PM in response to Eriksimon

But, I already selected the region. The notes recorded in the region show up in the piano roll, but when I try to switch it to score editor, the area below goes dark and it only says Create a MIDI region. But - the MIDI region has already been recorded and plays back perfectly. When the score editor is selected after the notes in the region are visible in the piano roll, the score no longer comes on. Instead, it says :Create a MIDI region". But, the MIDI region already exists, and the program is denying that the region I selected exists.

My old Logic Audio Platinum 5 was so vastly superior to this Logic Pro X in its stability, there's no comparison. Is this an unstable program?

Feb 27, 2015 3:01 PM in response to robert900

I figured out that the score editor is very unstable. When I open the score editor, and it shows the notes for the region I clicked on, I now know to be sure to only click on the white, lit area of the stave to increase the view to either multiples of the same region, or the full score. If I click on the gray area, then the whole thing goes black and "create a MIDI region" appears, and the score editor will no longer come back. Also, do not ever click on a region when the score editor is open, or the whole thing goes black again.

The score editor is very unstable, and must be opened and closed with care. Once the "create a MIDI region" prompt comes up, it is impossible to get the score editor to open again, unless you open the specific score editor window, but that will not display the full score.

The score editor will not display the notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.