Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone not Syncing with iTunes

I was wondering if anyone could offer me some advice about troubleshooting an iPhone not Syncing with iMac with iTunes.

I have done a lot of basic troubleshooting on this problem, and I don't think the problem is the iMac or the iPhone. I think the problem is related to iTunes.

The iPhone is recognized by iPhoto, so I know the cable and OS connectivity with the device works. I tired all the suggestions on the web sites I checked, except delete and re-install iTunes. If I have to do this (i.e. delete and re-install iTunes), can anyone tell me a good way to backup the application and data before performing a re-install.

This problem has only been with this iPhone, my friend has had this iMac for years and used it with other iPhones. I am not sure if the Genius bar or online support is an option since this Mac is several years old and out of warranty. I guess if no one here can help me, I can post this on the Mac forum.

Sorry I don't have Mac model, or versions of OS or iTunes, but can tell you we checked if we had the latest version of the iTunes application.

iPhone 5s

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 9:35 PM

1 reply

iPhone not Syncing with iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.