Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes 12.1.1.4 not run cd rom on windows xp sp3. have removed all cd burning software

itunes 12.1.1.4 not run cd rom on windows xp sp3. have removed all cd burning software.

User uploaded file

windows-OTHER, Windows XP Pro, sp3

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 10:17 PM

5 replies

Feb 27, 2015 7:36 AM in response to jay1n

Howdy jay1n,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

I see from your photo that your registry settings used by the iTunes drivers for burning CDs and DVDs are missing. As this error states, I'd like you to please remove and reinstall iTunes as directed in the article linked to below.

Remove and Reinstall iTunes and other software components from Windows XP - Apple Support

Cheers,

Alex H.

Mar 2, 2015 10:18 PM in response to chuck_3rd

Thanks Alex,

I performed all of the steps you suggested and iTunes v-12.1.1 installed correctly.

The problem is, that version of iTunes now does not recognize my HL-DTST DV-DRAM GMA-4082N, CD/DVD DRIVE.

When I insert a CD to rip into my iTunes library nothing happens.

If I click on the properties for that D-drive nothing shows using the Explore function.

If I open Microsoft Media Player v-11.0.5721.5262 I can see all of the tracks on the disk, and the player rips the songs to the Microsoft Media Player library which I can then play.

I then reinstalled VLC media player v-2.1.5, and was able to play cd's and watch DVD's. When I performed that install I again received the iTunes banner:User uploaded file

Earlier versions of iTunes worked just fine:

iTunes v-11.4 (32-bit)10 September, 2014, (6 months ago), size: [106.11 MB], for Windows XP SP3 worked on this same Toshiba laptop.

The latest version: iTunes v-12.1.1 seems to want to be the only piece of software allowed on the 32 Bit XP system.

To me, it looks like Apple does not want any other applications running on this system. Not very thoughtful for customers that cannot afford to purchase more expensive computers when they are on a fixed income. I have been a long time user of Apple equipment when employed by Motorola, development engineering.in my younger years.

Is there any way to get the earlier versions of iTunes back on this laptop?

Thanks,

Jay

Mar 3, 2015 12:07 PM in response to jay1n

I have a similar problem after installing 'the latest' iTunes on Sat (2/28), but am running Win-7 64-bit. (But I don't get any error message/warning from iTunes.)

My drives are fine. Windows Media Player can access/play them. I can run diagnostics in iTunes and get 4 green lights.. but still, there's no way to play or import CDs into iTunes for me with this version... iTunes simply does not provide any means to see the loaded CD.

itunes 12.1.1.4 not run cd rom on windows xp sp3. have removed all cd burning software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.