Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just connected my airport express to a new cable modem. My laptop pc recognizes the signal but none of our apple devices does. What step am I missing and what do i need to do to get these working/connected again?

My new cable modem is set up and functioning. I've connected my previously working airport express and my laptop pc is recognizing the wireless signal but none of my apple devices are connecting? What step have I missed in re-establishing our home wireless network? I am trying to connect an iMac, an iPad and two iPhones.

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 1:22 AM

3 replies

Feb 26, 2015 4:57 PM in response to jcb1518

Yes, that is correct..

I think it is good to start over fresh and please use all names that are short, no spaces and pure alphanumeric. NOT names Apple will recommend in the airport utility setup wizard.. they are simply wrong.

Much less issues by sticking with network standards..

Passwords also met the same criteria only can be 8-20 characters or even more if you are totally paranoid.. We all should be partly paranoid.

But names can be 2-8 characters and work just as well.

I just connected my airport express to a new cable modem. My laptop pc recognizes the signal but none of our apple devices does. What step am I missing and what do i need to do to get these working/connected again?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.