Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

appstore wont prompt id/pw login. HELP!

im having issues regarding downloading app and updates, even the software update wont download in my iphone 5. so i tried to sign out from appstore, and download an app, it just shows the circle moving but the log in doesn't pop up. pls i need SERIOUS help about this. i tried restoring but it also didn't work because like i said, even the software update wont download, even when using itunes in my pc. HELP. I've tried all the solutions I've gathered from the web, none of them worked. 😢 PLEASE HELP ME.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 12:23 AM

6 replies

Feb 27, 2015 10:25 AM in response to lithium08

Hi lithium08. I'm on an iPhone 5 also running iOS 8.1.2 and I'm always receiving this issue. I too would also receive the issue where I choose to download an app, but just seeing the spinning circle icon. This would just continue going forever and never brings up my login screen.

My fix for this is a bit annoying, but it always works for me, but the problem continues to persist after 2 weeks or so, so I have to continually have to apply this resolution until i can further troubleshoot what causes the issue.

You'll have to perform a reset of your settings by going into Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. What ***** is that you have to pretty much re-configure all your settings over again (Don't worry you won't lose anything like your contacts, etc) This is the only method that worked for me to get the app store working again. Resetting my network settings or logging out of my iTunes account and logging back in did not work for me.

I hope it works out for you.

Feb 27, 2015 12:05 PM in response to TJBUSMC1973

Like I've stated, I've tried that option prior to resetting my settings. It didn't solve my issue. After resetting my network settings, whether I was on Wi-Fi or on my carrier's 4G/LTE; all I would receive was the continuous spinning icon. It only fixed it when I did a full reset (which I usually hate doing) but it's something I had to resort to if I needed to download an app if I was on the run. I can always download it through iTunes on my computer, but that would often be an inconvenience for me.

Feb 27, 2015 12:33 PM in response to TJBUSMC1973

Well obviously it isn't fixing it, but I can't pin point what the root issue is. It is a temporary fix, but I've even gone as far as to setting up my device as new without a restore and the issue still occurs. Even monitored to what apps I have downloaded/used. It's to the point I've learned to live with the issue. Hoping lithium08 has better luck with this issue.

appstore wont prompt id/pw login. HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.