Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where's my home sharing icon in 12.1?

I've been home sharing between my iMac and this macbook pro for a decade or more. Suddenly, I can not find the home sharing icon in iTunes 12.1. I still have home sharing turned on, and everything is set up like it should be, but I do not see where that little icon of the house with the music note is. I simply can not access my library from my iMac, which is where almost ALL of my music is.

I've attached a screen shot to show you that in the upper left where that house icon normally is, it's nowhere to be found. Even though, when I click on that "…" icon, I have the home sharing icon checked, so it should be there for sure. What is going on? It's making me a mental case. In the 25+ years I've been a loyal apple person, I've never been confused by anything but this. HELP ME please!

Thanks so much!User uploaded file

MacBook 2 GHz, Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 3:15 AM

1 reply

Feb 26, 2015 8:28 PM in response to unsolvedfan

I'm having the exact same problem. My iMac shows the icon and I can get the music off of my MacBook (about 10 songs), but the vast majority of my music is on the iMac, and that is not showing up on the MacBook (no home sharing icon).

All the other conversations I've seen about sharing have to do with Apple TV, but what do we iMac and MacBook home sharers do?

Where's my home sharing icon in 12.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.