Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Minimum requirements error for iTunes 12.1.1 32-bit

When trying to install the fully downloaded 32-bit version of iTunes 12.1.1, I receive an error message incorrectly stating that my PC does not meet minimum requirements. I say "incorrectly" because my hardware, although old and now definitely low end, does indeed meet the stated iTunes specs. For the record, I am running dual PIII 1GHZ processors with 2GB RAM and 42GB of available disk space on Windows 7 SP1. All this still earns a 2.4 Windows Experience Index score - not bad.

Furthermore, I had already been running iTunes 12.01 successfully, which leads me to think that something is amiss with the 12.1 update. FYI, I first tried to update iTunes through Apple Software Update, which caused my upgraded iTunes app to throw up Error 7 messages. However, I was able to get 12.01 reinstalled and working. It was only by subsequently downloading the latest version of iTunes that I learned what the apparent problem is.

So, I guess my questions are as follows:

1. Does anyone know if there was a change in minimum spec between 12.01 and 12.1.1? Technically, my processors read at 996MHz per Windows System info, but that hasn't been a problem before.

2. Has anyone else run into this problem on a PC that is in technically within spec?

I appreciate any troubleshooting advice out there that I may have missed. Thanks.

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 10:02 PM

4 replies

Feb 26, 2015 1:23 PM in response to aamodtpw

Same issue noted today on a clients PC. They have 512mb ram installed although only 480mb was showing due to their onboard video card using 32mb). They have an AMD Semperon 2.2Ghz CPU and 35GB free hard drive space. I bumped their memory up to 1GB and the same issue occurred; it didn't meet the minimum specifications. I opted to downgrade to 12.0.x so my client can continue on with their music and upgrade to a newer computer down the road.

Feb 26, 2015 3:46 PM in response to andrew12901

Andrew, I normally remote-desktop this PC from my Mac, but your mention of graphics prompted me to re-check compatibility while logged in directly. My PC video card is a Radeon 9600 with 256MB onboard VRAM, so no RAM being sucked away there. Regardless, I get the same installation error message as before.

Perhaps Apple somehow altered the minimum spec code in 12.1.1 when playing around with the 64-bit stuff. Do you know of a way to report this problem directly, or do they monitor this DB?

Peter

Minimum requirements error for iTunes 12.1.1 32-bit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.