Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 plus volume issue

Good day,

need help with my iphone 6 plus - volume is too low when placing or receiving the call even though volume meter is at max level.

changing volume with the buttons doesn't help.

other person can hear me well though.

Problem appeared just several days ago, used to be OK before. iOS 8.1.3.

many thanks

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 1:19 AM

4 replies

Feb 27, 2015 7:56 AM in response to serbo21

Hello serbo21,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that the volume in the receiver of your iPhone 6 plus is lower than you would expect. In this situation, I would recommend reading over and working through the troubleshooting steps in the attached article to help resolve this issue.

If you can't hear a person on a call or voicemail or if the sound quality is poor on iPhone - Apple Support

Have a great day,

Joe

Feb 28, 2015 6:51 AM in response to AppleJoe

Hi Joe,

thanks a lot for response. I've read the troubleshooting article and tried all of the advices without much success. The point is that when I bought my iPhone some three months ago everything worked perfectly including the sound conditions of the calls. in fact, sound was very clear and loud I even had to bring it down appr to half. Then, several days ago, shortly after I've upgraded to iOS 8.1.3, sound volume has dropped so I can barely hear people on the other end of the line even with volume meter fully up. And yes, I've tried everything learned from the multiple threads on this forum - switched Bluetooth off and back on, turned off noise cancelling, hearing aid on and off, removed screen protection film, cleaned earpiece's mesh with soft bristled brush etc. Nothing worked. I don't understand what can cause this problem - is it software or hardware issue? Has anyone facing same problem ever found the cure?

any help highly appreciated

Iphone 6 plus volume issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.