Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The operation cannot be completed because you don't have the permission to access some of the items

Hello All,

I'm having quite a bit of trouble getting rid of about 15 few pesky music folders, many have sub-folders in them. When I try to delete them, I get the message that "the operation cannot be completed because you don't have permission to access some of the items."

It's odd because I've deleted the majority of the other music folders and files, yet these just would not delete.

I tried fixing disc permissions and I am the only administrator with only 1 password.

I even tried right clicking the files> get info>sharing and permissions>putting all privileges to "read and write">unlocking the padlock>putting in my password>clicking the cog drop down arrow> and apply to enclosed items etc etc...

Any help would be great.

Thank you

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OSX Yosemite 10.10.2

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 1:12 AM

2 replies

Feb 27, 2015 3:48 PM in response to Linc Davis

Hi Linc,

Thanks for replying so quickly.

I actually figured out what was wrong and I feel so foolish not for looking here first. But the folders themselves were not locked, it was each individual song that was. So all I did was open up the folder and the following sub-folders to reveal the songs. I then would right click on each song > get info > and then the locked button at the top would be highlighted in blue. All I had to do was click the button, and poof the song was unlocked and subsequently the entire folder was unlocked, then I could delete the whole thing. I had to do this about 150 times for each song hahaha but it all worked out.

Thanks again for your time

The operation cannot be completed because you don't have the permission to access some of the items

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.