Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

quicktime and itunes will not install on windows 7 (64) ?

I have been trying for hours and hours to download and install Quicktime/iTunes on a PC with windows 7 (64bit).

It installs until 'Publishing Product Information' then it says congratulations its loaded. then I get :

Apple application was not found.....Apple Application Support is required to run iTunes Helper, please uninstall iTunes and the install again.

which I have over and over and over for hours and hours.

all I want to do is install Quicktime for Windows can someone please help me with what I am doing wrong ?

Regards.

null-OTHER, Windows 7, Quicktime/iTunes

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 2:24 AM

1 reply

Feb 27, 2015 8:02 AM in response to db133

Hello db133,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

From your post I understand that you're unable to open iTunes after installing it due to an error with the Apple Application Support. I see that you've gone through and reinstalled multiple times, but there are specific steps for removing and reinstalling iTunes which I think would help resolve this issue. Those steps are found in the article linked to below.

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 - Apple Support

Have a great weekend,

Alex H.

quicktime and itunes will not install on windows 7 (64) ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.