Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi and mail connection OK but no Internet

Hello everybody,

Since two weeks, I have a big problem on my iMac (OS X v. 10.8.5).

- I've got a good Wifi connexion (tested on other computers / devices as well as with a "diagnostic" on my mac) - reinitialized several time

- I can check my mails (receive and send) via "Mail" app. without any problem

But I've got big difficulties to connect to the Internet (via Safari, but I also try via Firefox): sometimes, it works, but not really often!! Every time, when I open a new page in the browser and enter an URL, the page starts to load, the title of the page is updated, but the content doesn't displays.

I also realised that I can't connect myself to the App Store.

What I did by myself:

- In Safari menu, I did a "réinitialisation" of Safari

- I checked for Apple Updates (in Appstore), but except OS Yosemite, there is nothing to update (even if the Safari version is 6.2.3)

What I did with the Apple support:

- I asked for the support, and together, we delete the Chaches files in Library

- We add new DNS Servers (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) in Network Configuration

Once again, I can't understand what's the matter... It works but not really...

When I was on the phone with the support, it has worked, and now that's it...

Someone can help me?

Many thanks in advance

Vincent

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 5:56 AM

8 replies

Feb 26, 2015 10:45 AM in response to rkaufmann87

also I think I forgot to say that my skype isn't working right either, this is weird, it is like safari is all slow and some pages can't load at all, and some others are able to but not quick like it usually is, this did happen to me yesterday but for a while it seemed to have fixed itself, until I got home, it was even acting normal this morning before school...

I forgot to say that the wifi is on the top of the list, I checked, and also google chrome could load stuff but it does seem to be having a bit of a hard time around this website a little

Feb 26, 2015 12:05 PM in response to electrical-dragon

electrical-dragon wrote:

also I think I forgot to say that my skype isn't working right either, this is weird, it is like safari is all slow and some pages can't load at all, and some others are able to but not quick like it usually is, this did happen to me yesterday but for a while it seemed to have fixed itself, until I got home, it was even acting normal this morning before school...

I forgot to say that the wifi is on the top of the list, I checked, and also google chrome could load stuff but it does seem to be having a bit of a hard time around this website a little

Then get in touch with your ISP.

Feb 26, 2015 2:07 PM in response to electrical-dragon

Considering there are no viruses in the wild for OS X you can rule that out. However you may have downloaded other malware or adware. You can download and run AdwareMedic (Google it) and if it finds any adware it will remove it. What ever you do DO NOT install antivirus software, most AV apps for OS X tend to create more problems than they solve.

Wifi and mail connection OK but no Internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.