Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iphone 6 3G working but cant make reciveve calls

I have a brand new Iphone6 64GB out of the box, restored the Iphone5 back up and inserted sim card. All works perfect except the network carrier is regonised in my case Tesco(o2) and 3G is working for data no problem web and email, but the phone signal shows 5 empty circles and I can't make or recieve calls.

HELP PLEASE

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3, New out the box

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 3:45 AM

1 reply

Feb 27, 2015 8:27 AM in response to smallan1

Hello smallan1,

If you're experiencing issues with the cellular data connection on your new iPhone 6, then I'd like you to please follow the directions below.

Follow these steps for help with cellular data issues on your iPhone. After performing each step, test to see if your iPhone still has the issue.

1. Toggle airplane mode: Tap Settings, turn airplane mode on, wait three seconds, and then turn off again.
  2. Restart your iPhone.
  3. Make sure that your software is up to date:
  4. Remove the SIM Card and reinsert it. Allow the iPhone to acquire the network again.
  5. If your SIM card has SIM PIN enabled, try turning it off: Tap Settings > Phone > SIM PIN.
  6. Try another location. If a different location works, but the original location still doesn't, contact your carrier to report the issue.
  7. Reset network settings: Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
    Resetting network settings on your device will erase all current saved settings, including Wi-Fi passwords, preferred networks, and VPN settings.
  8. Restore the iPhone as new.
  9. Contact your carrier to:
    • Verify that the iPhone is properly set up on the account with the appropriate, current data plan.
    • Verify that there are no account-related blocks.
    • Find out if there are specific error messages in the carrier logs that could help determine why the issue is occurring.

If none of the above steps resolves the issue, contact your carrier, make an appointment at an Apple Retail Store, or contact AppleCare.

If you are traveling internationally, you may need to turn data roaming on: Tap Settings > Cellular. Check with your carrier first to understand the cost of international data roaming.

iPhone cellular data connection issues - Apple Support

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Cheers,

Alex H.

New iphone 6 3G working but cant make reciveve calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.