Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to extend the range with a second Airport Express? Do I need a DSL cable?

Mac OS X (10.0.x)

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 5:52 AM

8 replies

Feb 26, 2015 10:39 AM in response to Bob Timmons

It does seem clear that the OP is NOT running Cheetah, as I said

... I am pretty sure you do not run ... [Cheetah] ...

I am not gonna put words in anyone's mouth or presume to know anyone's mind or what keystroke might be made in error - a typo in that decimal place could be any number.

Judging from the Question, it also seems clear that the OP has the concept in mind - link explains concept in a pretty doggone detailed fashion - pictures and all.

el fin, buenos tardes

ÇÇÇ

Feb 26, 2015 7:10 PM in response to albertofromlarchmont

Thanks, now we need a bit more information, please, in order to provide you with the correct information that you need.

I assume that you already have one AirPort Express.....either a model A1264 or A1392.....set up and operating OK, is that correct?

If yes, you can extend the network either by using wireless or an Ethernet cable with a second AirPort Express.....either the A1264 or A1392 model. A wired connection is the way to go, if possible, since it provides better performance. But, wireless might work OK for you if you want to try that.

Let us know "how" you want to extend......wireless or wired?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.