Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad2 2 crashed during upgrade and wont charge

I was trying to update my iOS on my iPad2 last night and it hung during the upgrade. I let it churn for awhile and it used up all the battery. Now when I plug it in (wall adapter and PC USB) it wont charge. The computer/iTunes wont recognize it either. Not sure if it is because it hung during the upgrade or because it has no power.

Is there a hard reset button (using a pin) that will allow me to restore factory resets and recharge the iPad so I can restore it from backup?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 5:41 AM

5 replies

Feb 26, 2015 6:34 AM in response to davenuthals

No, there is no button that you can push to reset the device. You might want to let it charge for quite a while and the. Try to start it again. You can try resetting by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time until the Apple logo appears on the screen. If you try the reset and it works, let the device charge before doing anything else.

if you can start the iPad, one of thses support articles might help if the device still isn't being recognized in iTunes.

iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

If you don't see your connected device in iTunes for Mac - Apple Support

Feb 27, 2015 8:07 AM in response to davenuthals

I'm glad to hear that you got it started again. I had a similar experince with my original iPad about six months ago. The battery was so dead, it took a number of hours before it showed signs of life on the charger. Once it started up again, it was fine. I recharged it and eventually sold it.

IT is possible that the battery is starting to go on the iPad. Apple can replace the battery if you care to have that done. It is also possible that you are just getting an incorrect reading that will eventually fix itself.

ipad2 2 crashed during upgrade and wont charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.