Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Cancel Apple Store Xcode Update?

I just upgraded my MP from Mavericks to Yosemite 10.10.2. As part of updating my system, I downloaded Xcode 6.1.1 from the developer's website and installed it. I did it that way, because it is a very large download and I'll want to also install it on my other Mac. However, the Apple Store does not recognize that Xcode 6.1.1 is already installed on my system, so it keeps prompting me to download the update.

If that were not enough, Launchpad also does not recognize that Xcode is already installed. If I click on Xcode in Launchpad, then it starts downloading the app, rather than opening it.

How do I get out of this morass? I definitely do NOT want to download the file again (and certainly don't want to do that on two systems).

Thanks,

Bev in TX

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), Early 2008

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 5:26 AM

4 replies

Jul 25, 2016 2:10 PM in response to BevInTX

Open Launchpad. find the app thats installing/updating. Keep holding the alt key down. Click on cross with the upward arrow icon to delete it. That should make it go away.

OR

Hold down the Option key from the “Purchases” menu in the Mac App Store, this causes the “Pause” button to turn into “Cancel”

Source: osxdaily.com 2011/08/03 article

How to Cancel Apple Store Xcode Update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.