Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air 2012 late starting

I purchased THIS Macbook AIR 2012 badly one and half year back. I have used only rarely but regularly.

I am surprise that after shut down it takes sometime 10 to 20 minutes to start the computer..

If this is Apple than what can we expect from other brands...

I have lost faith in APPLE products...

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), 1 and half year old

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 9:11 AM

1 reply

Feb 26, 2015 9:51 AM in response to SRSGIFTSINDIA

Hi. Most likely you have startup or launch items slowing down the startup. Does it hang at the progress bar? You could do a pram reset.Command/Option/P/R keys at startup for three chimes. Then go to disk utilities and repair permissions. Check home folder library launch agents. System preferences accounts, login items. Go to go computer library launch items-launch daemon and startup items.If you have too many ,you may have to delete them. When starting up the macbook air will go thru a hardware and system check. It checks memory EFI and boot rom, then startup items and launch daemons.Outdated third party apps that have to load at startup can also hang the startup.

Macbook Air 2012 late starting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.