Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

windows 8.1 does not play sound with itunes 12.1.1. Can you help please

Windows 8.1 does not play sound with iTunes 12.1.1. All other applications play sound ok so the sound system is correctly configured. I only have 2 computers authorised to my iTunes account so I not hit the buffers on authorisations.

Can you help please ?

null-OTHER, Windows 8

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 8:26 AM

11 replies

Feb 26, 2015 10:42 AM in response to heaucp1

Will do, I have tried to roll back delte everything reinstall update drivers, everything, time to move on! So sick of this every time I do an update it is broken... wish I would have never used anything from apple!!! going to move to all non apple devices, they always talk about how MS is bad, I see no difference between the two companies!

APPLE YOU SUCK!

Feb 26, 2015 11:23 AM in response to heaucp1

Under Edit > Preferences > Playback try adjusting the setting of Play Audio Using. Change the setting from whatever it is on to the alternative if there is one in case that helps. If not try TS1362: iTunes and QuickTime for Windows: Audio does not play or plays incorrectly (Document retired, archive version)

Otherwise for general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try theiTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for performance issues or compatibility with third party software.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there is backup and recovery advice elsewhere in the user tip.

tt2

Feb 26, 2015 12:52 PM in response to heaucp1

Finally got it to work, although the guideturingtest2 linked to was informative it provided a solution that was short lived, the irony is that the first song in my library played for 10 seconds after applying his solution, that song... AC DC Hells Bells!

Check this out...

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203206

I created a new account on my Win8.1 machine. Tested iTunes and found that it worked in another account.

I deleted the Appdata folders (both roaming and local) fired it up and... works like a charm. 6 HOURS LOST TO THIS!

Hope this helps.

May 28, 2015 3:22 PM in response to WrexNfx

Sorry to hear you've had no luck so far. Have you taken a look at Fix unexpected quits or launch issues in iTunes for Windows as suggested by kjphilips above. Sadly Apple don't read these forums for feedback, that goes to iTunes Feedback. Past experience suggests that when such issues bring iTunes down waiting for the next update to fix it won't pay off and you'll still have to engage in some active troubleshooting at your end.

tt2

windows 8.1 does not play sound with itunes 12.1.1. Can you help please

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.