Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought an iphone 5s six months ago and it was stolen yesterday. I would like to know whether the within-1-year warranty would cover my lost. Thanks.

I have heard that as long as my iphone is with 1 year of purchase I can claim from Apple. I don't know whether if it is true so please if anyone knows answer me as soon as possible I really need your help. Thanks

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 6:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 6:35 AM

Sorry, no a warranty does not cover lost or stolen items.

6 replies

Feb 26, 2015 6:45 AM in response to jasminelei

jasminelei wrote:

I have heard that as long as my iphone is with 1 year of purchase I can claim from Apple. I don't know whether if it is true so please if anyone knows answer me as soon as possible I really need your help. Thanks

Not sure where you heard that, but it's wrong. Apple doesn't cover lost phones under any circumstances, just like an auto manufacturer doesn't repeal your car if it's stolen. That's what insurance is for. Your carrier may have an option if you signed up for insurance through them. Or your credit card company, or your homeowner's/renter's insurance might.

But not Apple.

I bought an iphone 5s six months ago and it was stolen yesterday. I would like to know whether the within-1-year warranty would cover my lost. Thanks.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.