Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Pro early 2011 Keeps hard shutting down.

Okay… So there's a lot of things wrong with my MBP. Display cable is stuffed, had to use external display to see my screen. Trackpad is cracked and no longer clicks. F key has to be pressed incredibly hard for it to recognise, Fans constantly on, Audio Plug in the Audio Jack socket.T

So anyway, while using it today it hard shuts down. Basically the hard drive makes it's click noise, the fans stop dead and it's all dead.

I turned it on again and it lasted about half an hour before doing it again.

I turned it on again, it lasted until the desktop and did it again.

Turned it on again and just clicks and turns off before even loading.in,

Tried it again, and doesn't even power on.

Tried it again, it loaded to the desktop and CLICK… OFF. I proceed to call it naughty words.
Throughout it's life, it's always ran insanely hot, to the point where even wearing pants and having it on my lap gets uncomfortable and burny (when it was working)

What is up with it? I have it half an hour or more to cool down, turn it on and it heats up, fans ramp up doing nothing, then dies.

Any help would be appreciated. I doubt apple will even touch it now it's that old and dented and busted.

<Edited by Host>

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 6:51 AM

1 reply

My MacBook Pro early 2011 Keeps hard shutting down.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.