Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBook sync with iphone 5 and iPad Air

Purchased some books and they are downloaded and available to read on my iPhone 5 via iBooks.

But on my iPad Air they are shown as downloaded but when I tap to open the book the book description and other info

comes up in a window but the book does not open. It is just not with this book but all four.

Also I don't understand about 'syncing". Can this be done without going into iTunes and using a USB?

If I need to sync these two devices how do I do this in layman terms? Both devices have the latest

software update version of 8.1.3

Thank You

iOS 7.1

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 7:55 AM

5 replies

Feb 26, 2015 11:38 AM in response to bluelark

That sounds like you are looking at the Purchased tab in the iBooks app, that is part of the store and allows you to redownload books (if a book is only in the cloud then it will have the cloud icon against it instead of 'downloaded', tap on the cloud to download it) and/or look at their store description pages.

To read the books that show as 'downloaded' on that Purchased tab, tap the 'My Books' tab at the bottom left of the iBooks screen to go back to your bookshelf and you should see those books - tap on a book to open it. If you can't see your downloaded books on the bookshelf then tap the collection name at the top middle of the bookshelf and select 'All' or 'Books' collection instead.

iBook sync with iphone 5 and iPad Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.