Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac from 2005ish

I bought this iMac around 2005; will it be compatible with OS X Yosemite (I think the hardware requirement is iMac mid 2007 or newer)? I occasionally use my Mac at home to remote in to my Windows-based computer at work and all the connections I'm trying seem to hint that it's time to finally buy a new machine at home.

I'm running Mac OS X version 10.6.8 (all the remote connections say I need 10.7 or later). I've only got 1 GB of memory which could be another issue since Yosemite says I need at least 2GB open.

Just please tell me if it's time to cough up the bucks for a new machine or if there's possibly another way to get to 10.7 or later on this old one.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 10:14 AM

No, it won't run Yosemite. Choose About this Mac from the Apple menu; if it has a Core 2 Duo(not Core Duo) CPU, it can be upgraded to Lion, but only if its RAM is increased first.

(123167)

4 replies

iMac from 2005ish

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.