Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

peer to peer AirPlay setup

I have just purchased a 3rd generation AppleTV with the aim of using peer-to-peer Airplay to mirror what is on my iPad (iPad Air running IOS8). I was assured by the staff at the Apple store that this works well when you cannot access a WiFi network. However after 3 hours of trying I am at a loss as to how to get this to work, any ideas would be greatly received.

Apple TV

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 8:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 10:07 AM

Hello Sandclimber,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your Apple TV and your iPad Air. If you are having difficulties connecting via peer-to-peer AirPlay, you may want to double check that Bluetooth is enabled on both devices, as noted in the following article:

Peer-to-peer AirPlay

With peer-to-peer AirPlay, your iOS device and Apple TV don't need to be on the same Wi-Fi network. If you have one of these products, you can use peer-to-peer AirPlay:

* iPhone 5 or later, iPad (4th generation or later), iPad mini, or iPod touch (5th generation) using iOS 8 or later.
* Apple TV (3rd generation rev A, model A1469 or later) with Apple TV software 7.0 or later. Find out which Apple TV model you have.

To use peer-to-peer AirPlay, your iOS device needs to have both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on.

You'll need an Internet connection to stream iTunes content.

Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream content from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Sincerely,

- Brenden

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2015 10:07 AM in response to Sandclimber

Hello Sandclimber,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your Apple TV and your iPad Air. If you are having difficulties connecting via peer-to-peer AirPlay, you may want to double check that Bluetooth is enabled on both devices, as noted in the following article:

Peer-to-peer AirPlay

With peer-to-peer AirPlay, your iOS device and Apple TV don't need to be on the same Wi-Fi network. If you have one of these products, you can use peer-to-peer AirPlay:

* iPhone 5 or later, iPad (4th generation or later), iPad mini, or iPod touch (5th generation) using iOS 8 or later.
* Apple TV (3rd generation rev A, model A1469 or later) with Apple TV software 7.0 or later. Find out which Apple TV model you have.

To use peer-to-peer AirPlay, your iOS device needs to have both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on.

You'll need an Internet connection to stream iTunes content.

Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream content from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Sincerely,

- Brenden

peer to peer AirPlay setup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.