Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't do hyperlinks from the Table Of Content page to any page

Hi guys,

I'm trying to a "custom" table of contents where I would have 3 "buttons" that would guide me to different sections.

But i'm nto being sucessful in linking from the TOC page to any other page. Can anyone help me? Is there any workaround?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), null

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 10:34 AM

3 replies

Feb 26, 2015 4:58 PM in response to sb0117

Thanks for your answer sb0117 that is a good workaround,

however, I'm not being successful in bookmark anything in my destination page.

I'm importing my layouts from an IDML file, so my text is not on a main text box. Would that be the reason why I'm not able to bookmark anything?

Isn't it possible to bookmark just a Text Box with a title in the destination page?

Feb 27, 2015 6:22 AM in response to rrfranco92

You are correct: You can only create bookmarks from text entered in text boxes defined as such in the layout. In other words, if you add a text box on a page, content in that box cannot be bookmarked. Also, Importing content from an IDML file should still be putting the text in a layout so that you can create bookmarks, though. I'm not sure what would have happened there.

Can't do hyperlinks from the Table Of Content page to any page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.