Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Same song shows up no matter which artist I choose

Hello,

When in the music app and I select an artist it keeps showing the same song. e.g. it's stuck on Sam Smith. No matter which artist (it shows the different artists) I click on, the list of songs is always the same. If I click a song it actually plays the correct artist, however I have no way of knowing what song I am playing until I actually play it as it only shows Sam Smith songs.

I've also had trouble with my sound when headphones are plugged in. When I put music to the max volume it's still quiet. I have to keep restarting my phone in order for the volume to increase again. All volume limits are off. I don't know if this is my headphones though.

I hope that made sense!

Thank you for any help in advance

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.3, null

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 10:50 AM

2 replies

Feb 27, 2015 11:19 AM in response to SophieTay

Greetings SophieTay,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you have a couple of different issues going on with the Music application and the volume of your music playback. To begin troubleshooting, the first suggestion I would make is to close the Music application completely. To complete that task, please follow the instructions as described in the first attached article.

Force an app to close in iOS - Apple Support

After Music has been closed, I would suggest using the instructions located in the next attached article to reset your iPhone. After the iPhone finishes resetting, open Music and test trying to listen to different artists and adjust volume. Please let me know if the issue continues.

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Cheers,

Joe

Same song shows up no matter which artist I choose

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.