Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to restore iPhone factory settings as bottom of touch screen doesn't work - any suggestions?

Looking to sell my iPhone 4 so need to remove all my data. Problem is that the bottom of the touch screen is not working which prevents me deleting my iCloud account plus others or to restore to factory settings as it asks to remove 'Find My iPhone' which requires my Apple ID password which has numeric characters and unable to switch qwerty keyboard to numbers. Any suggestions? Thanks. Brendan

MacBook

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 10:33 AM

6 replies

Feb 26, 2015 11:50 AM in response to brennie69

brennie69 wrote:

Thanks Ingo2711 - just logged in but when I click onto "Find my Iphone" it just locates my devices on a map and cannot find where to erase it - am I missing something? Thanks. B

Per the article that was previously linked:

If you're using iCloud and Find My iPhone on the device, you can erase the device remotely and remove it from your account by signing in to icloud.com/find, selecting the device, and clicking Erase. When the device has been erased, click Remove from Account.

Feb 26, 2015 12:13 PM in response to TJBUSMC1973

Thanks TJBUSMC193 - it transpires that my iphone 4 is no longer showing on my icloud Find My Iphone account although the settings on the phone say different. This could be due to the phone not having a SIM card in it, and/or I have no Wi-fi connection now as deleted my network off the phone before discovering all this. Therefore, cannot do this remotely or on the actual phone. Hope I am not being dim lol. B

Mar 4, 2015 7:00 AM in response to brennie69

Hello!!! I wanted to talk to a apple consultant but cant because it requires my iphone4's ID number. My phone doesnt work so its impossible to get it.

My phone had the flashing apple. Then i got it to the usb to itunes. it only works when plugged in. no power when not conneted to a power source.

I tunes says its in recovery mode and i continue to restore it. Fails everytime.

Is my phone fried????? how do i fix it!!!! ******* ridiculous!!! i cant talk to a living person on the pphone because i dont have my iphone id number which i can not get!!!!

Unable to restore iPhone factory settings as bottom of touch screen doesn't work - any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.