Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ByHost Preferences Are Lost Upon NetRestore even with "Change to Match Client" Enabled in SIU

I'm currently deploying a new 10.10.2 Image out to our Mac testing floor. I've created a custom default user, replaced the English.lproj and repaired disk permissions. The user has several special features, namely, all network connections save for Ethernet are deleted and it uses an Photo Slideshow (Flip-up, if it matters) of various artwork for our team.

I've checked the box in SIU under Apply System Configuration Settings that says "Change ByHost preferences to match client after install." Despite this, my Network Preferences did not carry over to the new Mac, nor did the Screen Saver for the Default User.

I'm also having trouble getting the background for my pre-existing Admin and required Standard account to consistently remain after a NetRestore (they'll show up on some models of Macs, but not others).

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to solve this issue?

System Image Utility-OTHER, OS X Server, 10.10.2

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 11:41 AM

There are no replies.

ByHost Preferences Are Lost Upon NetRestore even with "Change to Match Client" Enabled in SIU

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.