Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I use iBank, and I get a pinwheel when I enter a transaction. Is my hard drive on the brink of failure? iMac 21.5 Mid 2011, 2.7ghz, WD 1 TB

When I enter data into a cell on Numbers, I get delays and spinning pin wheels. Any ideas on what is wrong?

iPhone 3GS, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 10:11 AM

3 replies

Feb 26, 2015 10:52 AM in response to UOA1992

I would open the application "/Utilities/Activity Monitor" and look at the "Memory" segment.

1) look at the memory pressure highlighted at the bottom middle:

User uploaded file

2) sort descending by the "Memory" column and not the highest memory users:

User uploaded file

Note items whose User is you (my user on my computer is "wayne").

then try quitting those applications the usual way you quit applications. See if thing improve

If this does help you may want to consider adding more memory to your machine.

You can see your total memory in the "Physical Memory" list at the bottom

Feb 26, 2015 6:56 PM in response to UOA1992

Hi UOA,

I am not sure why the iBank reference in the question title. Gonna pretend that was the question. iBank was really sluggish for me on my mid 2012 macbook. Took forever to open,. Plenty or ram, no memory pressure. Once I created a fusion drive it is downright snappy. I think iBank relies heavily on the HD. Don't know if Your HD is in trouble but you might want to back it up.

quinn

I use iBank, and I get a pinwheel when I enter a transaction. Is my hard drive on the brink of failure? iMac 21.5 Mid 2011, 2.7ghz, WD 1 TB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.