Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac mail cannot send though connected to smtp

I am trying to setup a gmail account in mac mail. I can receive emails, but nothing will leave my outbox. Based on the connection doctor, I am connecting to and logging into both the imap and smtp servers. I am connecting to smtp.gmail.com. I have used ports 25, 465 and 587. All connect, but no mail sends. I am using my full email as the username, and I have reentered my credentials multiple times.

Any ides?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), Mail

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 11:20 AM

6 replies

Feb 27, 2015 11:47 AM in response to booshelley

Hey booshelley,

I'm sorry to hear you are having mail issues with your MacBook Air. If the Mail Connection Doctor is showing no issues but you are still unable to send mail, you may want to enable the more advanced display/logging options and see if anything stands out, as noted here:

Show more detail

Mail Connection Doctor can show even more detail about the connection:

• Click the Show Detail button to open a drawer showing basic communication between the Mail app and your email service. If the drawer is empty, click Check Again to start another check. You can copy data from this drawer and paste it into another app for easier viewing. Messages that contain "ALERT" come directly from your email provider.
  • Select the Log Connection Activity checkbox to cause Mail to generate detailed logs of its communication with your email service. To view the logs, click Show Logs. To stop logging, deselect Log Connection Activity.

Use Mail Connection Doctor - Apple Support

Cheers,

- Brenden

mac mail cannot send though connected to smtp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.