Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I hide apps in iCloud now? The "X" doesn't show up in the Purchased section like it used to...

Tried to go onto iCloud and hide some less-than-useful apps I had downloaded a while ago, and it no longer gives me an "X" when I hover over the app anymore. I can still access hidden apps, but cannot hide them anymore. I have the latest version of iTunes on my Macbook Pro. When did this change occur and is it permanent? Thanks!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 12:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 10:35 AM

Launch the App Store application and go to the Purchases section:

User uploaded file

Control (right) - click on the app you want to hide and select Hide Purchase from the contextual menu:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

4 replies

Feb 27, 2015 4:09 PM in response to Old Toad

I tried that, but unfortunately when I click (right), or try to do anything, it does not give me an option to hide the app. It just starts downloading the purchased app again. It is strange because I can still hide music and movies by hovering the mouse arrow over those items, but apps just have a little download icon on the upper righthand corner of them, and you can't right click or do anything to them. What is even more strange is that you can still go to the hidden apps and unhide them, but you cannot hide them again! Any help to solve this issue would be much appreciated. I wish it was as straightforward as Old Toad suggests; it used to be that easy!

Feb 28, 2015 5:36 PM in response to Jike2

I just figured it out--FINALLY--myself. For some reason, when I go to the App Store, the "X" to hide icons shows up for the music and the movies (and tv shows if I had any), but it does not show up for apps. However, if you hover over the top lefthand corner of the app and click when the cursor changes from a pointer to a hand, it hides it. So there is an invisible "X" so to speak. I hope this helps anybody else who was confused about this. I hope this gets fixed in future updates. Thanks so much!

How do I hide apps in iCloud now? The "X" doesn't show up in the Purchased section like it used to...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.