Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mid 2010 27" iMac: Can I hook up multiple displays?

I have a second monitor working with my iMac... I would like to know if it's possible to hook up a third and if so what port I would use. Having trouble finding this info online and would appreciate any input 🙂 Attaching pic of the ports.

thank youUser uploaded file

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 10:35 AM

2 replies

Feb 26, 2015 10:41 AM in response to rpetris

You can but you will need a device available from OWC for doing so. I would recommend looking for it on OWC's website (www.macsales.com) and if you still need help give them a call or begin an online chat with them.

To get you started I found http://eshop.macsales.com/search/lcd+display, however for which device is best for your needs you will need to talk to OWC.

Feb 26, 2015 11:28 AM in response to rpetris

That particular iMac is not intended to have more than one external monitor. My work around is to have another computer (with a display) and use a piece of software called Synergy (which will run on Windows, OS X, and various Linux distributions) or Teleport (which runs only on the Mac) which will share your keyboard and mouse with another computer. You will have the comfort of a 3 (or more) desktop setup but the processing power will be distributed to multiple computers instead of bogging down your primary iMac.

Mid 2010 27" iMac: Can I hook up multiple displays?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.