Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facebook extension not working

I'm using OS 10.10.2 and Safari 8.0.3 with Safari's built in Extension to post to Facebook, Air Drop, etc. For months now, whenever I want to post a webpage link to Facebook, the extension opens as expected. Whenever I click on the Post button, the link quits, nothing works and I have to shut down Safari. What the ****? Anyone else having this problem. For the record, i wipes my hard drive clean and downloaded 10.10.2 several times and the same thing happens. I have no other extensions in use. I have run all the virus software everyone else says to use and I am clean.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 10:40 AM

2 replies

Feb 26, 2015 2:20 PM in response to xofer

Safari does not have any extensions installed by default. If you go to the Extensions pane in Safari's preferences on a clean install, there will be nothing there. What do you see in that pane on your computer? Try disabling all Safari extensions and see if that makes a difference.

Also, what "virus software" have you used? A lot of anti-virus apps have the capacity to interfere with normal web browsing, and generally should not be used, although some are benign.

Feb 26, 2015 2:35 PM in response to thomas_r.

This extension is activted by going to System Preferences, Extensions, Share Menu. You check off what you want to use to sharte a Safari web page, such as, Mail, Messages, Air Drop, Facebook and a number of other things that I don't use. If you customize the Safari toolbar, the extension is part of the Default Toolbar. So, yes, I do belive this is an Apple extension for Safari as I can't seem to locate it by searching the Extension webpage.

Facebook extension not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.