Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

RAM keeps dropping

Greetings,

My MBP has been acting up lately. It's more often than not that i get three to four seconds of spinning beach ball when clicking anything in Safari, iTunes is really slow and there are similar spinning beach ball pauses. I use an app called Memory Clean and it's pretty common for me to have only Safari and iTunes open and the app says I have less than 25MB of RAM available. Below are the specs:

MPB (17-inch, Mid 2010)

Yosemite 10.10.2

2.66 GHz Intel Core i7

8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512 MB

iTunes Library is 126G

500G HD with 35G available

I check and repair the preferences using disk utility regularly. I open activity monitor, but I have no idea what I'm looking at. I've clicked off all the checkboxes that were available in the login preferences.

Any suggestions?

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro6,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 11:52 AM

4 replies

Feb 26, 2015 2:10 PM in response to lapresle

lapresle wrote:

... I've clicked off all the checkboxes that were available in the login preferences.

I'm not sure what you mean by that, but it's one of many uncertainties EtreCheck was designed to address.

Read about it here. It contains a link to download EtreCheck. Do not download it from anywhere else (such as may be found by following the results of an Internet search).

Don't use Memory Clean or anything like it.

RAM keeps dropping

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.