Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipod won't turn on, it's completely dead. So i charged it and it still will not turn on. I've even pluged it into my computer it still will not charge.

How do I get my iPod 5th generation to turn back on? It's completely dead, I've left it on the charger for more than 5 hours that didn't work. So I tried the lock button and home button trick that didn't work either, I've even plugged it into my laptop and my laptop says "The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it." it also says "Try reconnecting the device. If Windows still does not recognize it, your device may not be working properly" and I reconnected my iPod and it still won't turn on PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.1.3, PLEASE HELP IN DESPERATE NEED

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 11:06 AM

2 replies

Feb 27, 2015 11:24 AM in response to Jeremiahfrom Newkent

Hello Jeremiahfrom Newkent,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your iPod touch. If it is not responding or turning on at all, you may find the information and troubleshooting steps outlined in the following article helpful:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support

Sincerely,

- Brenden

Feb 27, 2015 12:51 PM in response to Jeremiahfrom Newkent

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try another cable

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

my ipod won't turn on, it's completely dead. So i charged it and it still will not turn on. I've even pluged it into my computer it still will not charge.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.