Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 27 screen hinge broken

WWhilst away from my iMac 27" the screen decided to point downwards. The hinge no longer holds position of tilt and free falls to lowest point.

is this a design fault? The machine is 2 weeks out of warranty. Late2013 model. Will Apple consider repair as I am not at fault? The screen position has not been altered much as only I use it.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), 27" late 2013

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 12:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 12:25 PM

Take the machine to your local Apple Store or call AppleCare immediately. This is a known issue and your machine will be repaired at no charge.

4 replies

Mar 15, 2016 7:41 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Same issue. Called Apple support. They said I would need to bring the machine in for them to "assess" and determine if it could be repaired. They could not give me an estimate on the cost or the time involved. That would depend on if they had the part etc. And I'm talking about the largest Apple Store in the country in Boston. Really exceptionally poor.

iMac 27 screen hinge broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.