Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Password no longer works after installing 4.0.3 !

Brand new Mac mini running 10.10.2. I downloaded the new OS X Server v 4.0.3 app and all installed fine..

I even created a share and transferred some test data okay...

But my main login password on longer worked when I went to go access something in System Preferences! I also couldn't use it to access the server via Screen Sharing as I had before I installed it ...and after a restart, I couldn't use it to log into the Mac!! Meanwhile Safari kept crashing ...! Infuriating !! But yet it worked when I went to go log into the Server application. ??? This used to be a piece of cake to install. What happened to Server.app ???

So I've decided to wipe the system and not use this awful 4.0.3. I'll just use regular old File Sharing for now. So annoying, but I can't have it act like this, I've wasted too much time. It's like I'm running a beta.

Is 4.0.3 just bug-ridden or what ? What happened to my system's password ???

Bad job with this one, Apple.

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 12:32 PM

1 reply

Password no longer works after installing 4.0.3 !

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.