Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Confused about difference between Photo and Contact Synching

I have a PC with Windows 8.1, and have installed iCloud for Windows. I have configured the phone to store Contacts and Photos in iCloud. Whenever I take a photo with my iPhone, within a very short time, it is available on my PC in my iCloud phtos folder, "Photo Stream." No wires, no "synching," it just appears there.

However, when I enter a new contact on my PC in Outlook, where all contacts are stored in the iCloud folder, "Contacts," , the contact DOES NOT appear in the iCloud storage for Contacts (I logged in and checked), and thus never shows up on iPhone. I've hit the "Refresh" button in Outlook a number of times, opened and closed Outlook, etc. but still the new contract does not migrate from the PC to the Cloud.

I hope I must not wire up the iPhone to iTunes each time --- that is what the Cloud is supposed to eliminate.

Any ideas?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 12:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 1:01 PM

Hello Curmudgeon10,

I know that can be a little frustrating when your contacts are not syncing up. Take a look at the article below to continue your troubleshooting to get it working. It will have you ensure that the iCloud Outlook Add-in is active as well as making sure that iCloud is not the default account within Outlook.

Get help using iCloud Contacts

http://support.apple.com/en-us/TS3998

Regards,

-Norm G.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2015 1:01 PM in response to Curmudgeon10

Hello Curmudgeon10,

I know that can be a little frustrating when your contacts are not syncing up. Take a look at the article below to continue your troubleshooting to get it working. It will have you ensure that the iCloud Outlook Add-in is active as well as making sure that iCloud is not the default account within Outlook.

Get help using iCloud Contacts

http://support.apple.com/en-us/TS3998

Regards,

-Norm G.

Confused about difference between Photo and Contact Synching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.