Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updated iOS, Pages refuses to sync with iCloud

So, today I finally upgraded my iPad 3 to iOS 8.1.3 from iOS 7 (I know, I know, procrastination). Now, Pages steadfastly refuses to sync with iCloud, and my documents are inaccessible on my iPad.

Here's what happened: When the update was finished, I opened Pages, and all my documents were gone. After having a heart attack, I opened the Pages beta app on icloud.com on a PC, and all my documents were still there. Confused but relieved, I combed through my iPad settings, and discovered that under the "Pages" section, the "Use iCloud" setting was off. So I turned it back on, feeling very tech-savvy and pleased with myself, and opened the Pages app again. Nothing had changed. So I went back to settings, and "Use iCloud" had turned itself off again. I tried again, to no avail. Every time I turn it on, it turns itself back off when I navigate away from the Settings app.

None of my settings or anything else, that I can see, are out of the ordinary: the "Use iCloud" switch is turned on and working for Keynote, iCloud Drive is on, it backed up last night, WiFi is fine, etc, etc. Under the "iCloud" settings tab, the switch for "Pages" is on and has stayed on.

I'm befuddled. I'm also in high school and my iPad is the only way I can access a word processor on a regular basis, so if anyone could tell me what might be causing this and how to fix it, I would really appreciate it!

iPad, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 1:57 PM

4 replies

Feb 26, 2015 5:13 PM in response to memyselfandt

You did say at the end of your post that the button to use iCloud with Pages is on now, so if it is a staying on, try signing out of your ID, reset your iPad and then sign in again.

Settings>ITunes & App Store>Apple ID. Sign out. Reset the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time until the Apple logo appears on the screen. After the iPad starts up, go back to Settings>ITunes & App Store>Apple ID. Sign in. Launch Pages and see what happens. Give a few minutes and see if the documents start to download.

Updated iOS, Pages refuses to sync with iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.