Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can anyone tell me how to insert a short video into a Keynote slide presentation?

Can anyone tell me how to insert a short (20 sec) video into a Keynote slide presentation?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 2:48 PM

7 replies

Feb 27, 2015 9:26 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Gary, thank you for responding:

1) I know my "profile" indicates I'm on Mountain Lion. I have not figured out how to update that. I am using Yosemite and Keynote Version 6.5.2 on a 15" Macbook-Pro (tell me how to update my profile, please - nothing I click on opens any kind of "edit" options)

2) My 20 sec video does play in Quicktime. I find nothing in the Quicktime Inspector about deselecting "start movie on click."

3) in my slide presentation I can insert the video on a slide okay and if I click on it can get it to play, But I cannot seem to get it to play after a transition automatically. Maybe it cannot be done. Obviously I would like the entire presentation to play automatically without clicking on or between slides.

Again, thank you for you kind help!

Mar 2, 2015 2:51 AM in response to ted281

Hi,

first: make sure that the video plays under QuickTime. Then, drag it into your presentation. On the right sidebar of Keynote you will see three tabs, namely "Style", "Movie" and "Arrange". Select "Movie". In there you can edit the movie (trim it) oder select another poster frame. You can also choose to loop the video. The last checkbox gives you the option to "Start movie on click", which is checked by default. This means that after you reached the slide in your presentation you have to click to start the movie. If you want to play it automatically after reaching that very slide, just uncheck it. It works fine for me.

Can anyone tell me how to insert a short video into a Keynote slide presentation?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.