Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having a problem with my external keyboard attached to MacBook Pro

My employee was cleaning an external keyboard and did not unplug from USB before doing so. After she finished, she mentioned to me that several "empty boxes" popped up which she closed. Now, problems abound. The external keyboard doesn't respond to most key input and when it does, it makes no sense. For instance, when I have terminal open and type command Q, the program tries to quit and the user is logged out.

I have rebooted several times, unplugged the external keyboard while rebooting, looked into sys prefs for issues related to keyboard. I also tried to reset PRAM but the computer is not responding to the keyboard on the MacBook Pro, so that doesn't happen.

I don't know what she did, but this is something I have never experienced before in 20 years. I tell people all the time that you can't break a Mac even if you tried, except now she did.

MacBook Pro with Apple Extended Keyboard attached. running 10.7.5

many macs, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 12:29 PM

There are no replies.

Having a problem with my external keyboard attached to MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.