Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice dictation in Russian works with a delay for 30 seconds

Hello.

Excuse me for my English, I hope, you will understand me)

There was a problem on my iphone 5s and ipad3.

The voice dictation function in Russian works with a delay approximately for 30 seconds.

If I switch to English, the text which I say in english language instantly turns into the text.

I tried to do reset of settings, switched off and anew included the voice dictation function on iphone 5s and ipad3, rebooted them, and helped nothing.

If to switch off the voice dictation iphone 5s function, to switch off and repeatedly to turn on phone and activate the voice dictation function, some minutes of voice dictation work at Russian some time (minutes 10-20) after that for some unclear reason the text dictated by me in Russian appears only later seconds 30.

I removed this process on video, it is possible to look at it at youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=uz0ejSRXcIw&list=UUlJnQs2ikdfec6IP7VOJYoA

somebody has thoughts why it occurs?

Beforehand thanks.

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 12:47 PM

26 replies

Mar 3, 2015 2:46 PM in response to maxafa

did not expect that the problem is like mine, there is someone else. I'll tell you what I did to solve it, but so far without success. I called customer support apple, I was advised to do a hard reset the phone and set it up like new! you imagine !? I have a lot on the phone sms messages, correspondence history program viber, information about my weight in health programs. all of this is lost if the phone is set up as new. but, as an experiment, I did a hard reset, set the phone as a new and truly, voice dictation in Russian worked. I am a long time did not check, as the solution to my problem, which offered me helpdesk apple does not suit me. he said that it looks like a software error in a particular program and when I do a backup and then restore it to the phone, then the error is again restored. I tried another option. I am disabled siri and voice dictation, turned off the phone, turned it on, and re-enable siri and voice dictation. it helped me somewhere for 5-8 hours. all this time, voice dialing in Russian worked very quickly. but woke up this morning, I discovered that there is a problem again. I tried again to disable Siri and voice dictation, but it helps for 1-2 minutes. while I do not know the reason. perhaps to some program, but I do not understand why the voice dialing works first, and then for no reason stops working. After this experiment I can not 100% say that after a hard reset the phone voice dialing worked to dolgo. maybe after working 5-8 hours delay would appear on the phone, which was set up as new. can be really selective sanctions?))

the most mysterious of this problem is that on my ipad3 the same problem. I tried to turn off Siri, rebooted ipad, re-enable Siri and voice dictation . all this makes for some time, perhaps for an hour. then again at the Russian messages appear with a delay. I tried it on the network and 3g networks LTE. it does not matter. I am very angry that my phone can not perform the claimed function by apple and set against Russian is so slow. what to do with this problem, I do not know yet.

Mar 9, 2015 1:39 PM in response to maxafa

I have update my Ipad 3 to IOS 8.2. Problem with a Voice dictation delay is present. ((

I try switch off Voice dictation, turn off Ipad3, switch on again my phone and on Voice dictation function.

Approx 1 minute Voice dictation on Russian language is working, but after this minute i have delay approx 30 second.(((

Now i have update my Iphone 5s to 8.2...i think problem will not be solved.

Mar 10, 2015 6:15 AM in response to Sakellaris

The number of people who had such problem grows. Sakellaris, I tried to switch off the icloud account, given on phone didn't delete, then login into icloud under my second account and checked how the voice dictation function works at Russian. Exchanged nothing, a delay as before, about 30 seconds.

I returned back the icloud account.

I now made one more experiment.

I switched off Siri, disconnected the voice dictation function and repeatedly switch on voice dictation in seconds 10-15. (Siri remained switched off).

The voice dictation works already 10 minutes at Russian quickly. After that i switch on Siri.

On ipad3 still with a delay. Now I will try to make also as well as on phone. if doesn't help, I will try to replace the icloud account on the ipad3.

Perhaps a problem really in the icloud account.

Mar 12, 2015 9:46 AM in response to maxafa

I have the same problem as maxafa on my Iphone 6 and Ipad 3..........Russian dictation remains delayed after all the different trouble shooting things you mentioned above. I have the same problem. I know its caused by ICLOUD sharing the problem error between Iphone and Ipad. I think its defective app causing this but i dont know which one it is or how get rid of it. When you backup to Itunes and restore from backup new device the delayed voice dictation stays onto new device forever.

Why wont APPLE fix this? I called customer service many times. They think reinstalling software Iphone will fix and it does fix it short term,

but then you restore from itune's backup old apps and the problem always comes back helpppppppppppppppppppppppppp???????????

Mar 12, 2015 12:51 PM in response to larichik

Now the problem is on two of my devices. On ipad3 at some o'clock the problem disappeared, but then again appeared.

Man of a support service too advise me to adjust phone as new and each program to establish anew. They assume that a problem in some program.

The user has Sakellaris the same problem but in Greek, and still to me left the comment in my roller on youtube.com the user of Gabor Szabo, at which same problem in the Hungarian language.

Can be to us it is worth comparing program which at us are installed on and to try to reveal that which influences this failure and to remove it? Most likely it is the program of the third-party developer. What do you suspect the account of this idea?

Voice dictation in Russian works with a delay for 30 seconds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.