Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 6 does not connect to my new Airport Extreme (Time Capsule).

My iPad Air 2 connects to it and my MacBook Pro connects no problem. Also, my iPhone 6 connects to other outers without a problem. I've tried restarting the phone, restarting the Airport Extreme and restating network connections on the iPhone. Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 12:52 PM

9 replies

Feb 26, 2015 5:24 PM in response to ss8tzb

It is an odd one.. but this is reported as successful.. how or why is still mystery.

Reset the AE to factory.. redo the setup with all short names, no spaces and pure alphanumeric.

Please use passwords that also conform.. but can be longer.

Test if you still have issues using different names for both bands.. eg AE24ghz and AE5ghz. (Or in your case TC24ghz and TC5ghz).

Set a specific channel to the 5ghz.. eg 11 but you can also try 8 and 6.

Mostly the iphone will now work at least on the 2.4ghz wireless.

The stuff that used to work will also need to be reset to the new name password but should have no issues.

Mar 5, 2015 2:52 PM in response to LaPastenague

Thanks for all of your help LaPastenague! I have some changes to report. I unplugged the Time Capsule and modem for 15 minutes. I connected the iPhone to it first and it works!.

Now, my iPad Air 2 does not connect. Tenants in my office just told me that their devices also do not connect. As always, my MacBook Pro connects with no problem.

Is there a limit on how many devices can be connected? So far when I connect a 1st IOS device it works fine, then others don't work.

Any ideas?

Mar 9, 2015 4:03 PM in response to LaPastenague

I wanted to update you since you've been so helpful. I noticed that after I unplugged it and plugged it back in, that TC would connect with my Macbook pro and iPhone and not my iPad. This is the opposite of the way it was before. It appeared that it connected to the first two devices it saw, but not others. So I put a search in with this new info.

It appears there is an issue with the router mode. When I took it off of bridge mode and on DHCP and NAT, everything appears to be working fine.

Thanks again for all of your help.

My iPhone 6 does not connect to my new Airport Extreme (Time Capsule).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.