Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Putting a "bug" on a lower third

I want to put a logo of an organization on the left side of a lower-third bar with font. I can construct it, but can you save it as a composite element?

Thanks,

Rob

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.3.x)

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 1:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 9:26 PM

create your bug in any paint.app, recommending Pixelmator

use a transparent background and save it as .png

drag it into your project - done.

Plan B)

Use Motion5 to create your lower-third, then avail as 'Title' in FCPX for any project.

Needs some time to understand the concept of M5, but very handy to have your own, highly individualized custom titles at hand.

Honorable forum member ben_b offers advice on his new website:

http://www.finalcutprox.guru/FinalCutProX.guru/Motion.html

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2015 9:26 PM in response to Rhalper

create your bug in any paint.app, recommending Pixelmator

use a transparent background and save it as .png

drag it into your project - done.

Plan B)

Use Motion5 to create your lower-third, then avail as 'Title' in FCPX for any project.

Needs some time to understand the concept of M5, but very handy to have your own, highly individualized custom titles at hand.

Honorable forum member ben_b offers advice on his new website:

http://www.finalcutprox.guru/FinalCutProX.guru/Motion.html

Feb 27, 2015 6:03 AM in response to Karsten Schlüter

What Karsten said.

Just to add a few ideas about Motion:

1) Always nice to follow MacBreak Studio, a weekly video (posted on youtube and other places) by Steve Martin and Mark Spencer, of rippletraining (over 300 episodes by now!!!).

Most of them are about FCP X, and also many of them are about Motion, of which Mark Spencer is the expert. I never miss my weekly fix :-)

There is also the "Under 5 Minutes" series, for both Motion and FCP X.

2) A really good way to start with Motion is to make changes to already existing templates. In your case, take a lower third that most resembles what you want, control-click in FCP X and choose "Open a Copy in Motion". If the text part of the title is how you want it, you may just have to add the logo to it, give a nice name, choose a Category (I suggest you create your own), save, and it will be there for you without even having to quit and restart FCP X.

Feb 27, 2015 8:00 AM in response to Rhalper

Just to add that if by saving the comp you are talking about the bug and the lower third, IMO the Motion advice you've already received would be my choice. It would be saved as an editable Motion template – and readily available from the Final Cut Effects Browser.

You could also save it as compound clip in its own event or library for repurposing but that's comparatively clunky, introduces some versioning issues that need work-arounds…and it would make Karsten grumpy,

Russ

Putting a "bug" on a lower third

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.