Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I disactivated my SIM

I disactivated my SIM through my carrier, but I am still able to receive iMessages through that number. the number still shows up as being one of the numbers I can use, but I don't want to. Yes, I can just leave it in the list, but how do I completely delete it off the list of available numbers?

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 1:50 PM

4 replies

Feb 26, 2015 2:03 PM in response to Pagliaccio77

You turn off iMessage. Reboot the device. Then turn iMessage back on, with a valid SIM in the device. iMessage will activate to just your phone number. If you then add your Apple ID, and the old number appears, unless you have a device that can receive text messages (not iMessages) at that old number, then you'll have to wait for the unused number to 'fall off' the system from disuse. Usually takes about 45 days, IIRC.

Feb 27, 2015 5:04 AM in response to Navyman88

Navyman88 wrote:

The thing is your iMessage is locked in with that cell phone number. you can remove it by going to https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

This will remove the phone number from all the systems Apple will have for FaceTime and iMessage

First, your link doesn't seem work correctly, but perhaps that's just me.

Second, unless you can get SMS messages at the number you want to deregister, your link won't work.

I disactivated my SIM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.