Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get contacts from iCloud back on my mac?

How I got to this place is too long a story, but I ended up with a system iCloud dialogue box on my macbook pro, and the gist of the questions were Do you want to make it so if I quit iCloud my contacts (Notes, Reminders, etc) will no longer remain on your mac? I didn't want to do this, but it seemed it wasn't letting me proceed without hitting the highlighted agree button, so I did.

I definitely want my contacts back on my Mac. How can I go about getting them from iCloud back onto my mac? I don't intend to quit iCloud, but I have years worth of contacts that I don't want to ever lose.

Notes would be the next most important one to get back onto my mac. Reminders after that. Thanks much in advance for your help.

Michael

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 4:32 PM

1 reply

Feb 28, 2015 7:38 AM in response to Michael Gorsline1

Hi Michael Gorsline1,

I understand that you turned off iCloud on your Mac and subsequently lost all of your contacts, notes, and reminders. If your information, remains on iCloud.com, you can merge that information back onto your Mac by signing back into iCloud and selecting the services you would like to sync.

Apple - iCloud - Learn how to set up iCloud on all your devices.

Best regards,

Joe

How do I get contacts from iCloud back on my mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.