Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to manage photo storage

I'm just about out of space on my MacBook Air due to a large number of photos (I'm an amateur photographer). What is the best way to manage the storage of those images? I have a DropBox account with huge amounts of storage available due to my employer's relationship with them. I know Flickr offers essentially unlimited storage, but I think Yahoo! is a little shaky and am worried that one day they might pull the plug.

If I go with DropBox, what's the best way to move those photos over and still have easy access?

Thanks!

MacBook Air

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 1:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 3:28 PM

I assume you have many photos in iPhoto on your Mac.

When you delete photos in iPhoto, are you aware they stay in a trash bin in iPhoto? Have you done iPhoto > Empty iPhoto Trash from iPhoto's menu (or equivalent)? Emptying iPhoto's trash will deposit these photos in your Mac's trash bin which then must also be emptied.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2015 3:28 PM in response to Mills Kelly

I assume you have many photos in iPhoto on your Mac.

When you delete photos in iPhoto, are you aware they stay in a trash bin in iPhoto? Have you done iPhoto > Empty iPhoto Trash from iPhoto's menu (or equivalent)? Emptying iPhoto's trash will deposit these photos in your Mac's trash bin which then must also be emptied.

How to manage photo storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.